Saturday, March 12, 2011

Earthquake

As many of you already know, M8.8 earthquake hit Japan, my home country, on March 11.  Fortunately all of my family/relatives/friends are OK, but millions of people are affected by not only the main earthquake itself, but also by huge tsunamis, fires and many, many aftershocks.  One entire town on the coast was swept away by the tsunami and 10,000 people in this village are missing (the population of this village is ~17,500).  And now our nuclear power plants have problems.

Right now I am still kind of in a denial mode and can't comprehend what is going on there.  I just feel very, very sad and powerless.  I can't watch pictures or videos showing the damages - it's so heart breaking.

Since I can't physically be there to help, only thing I can do is to pray and to donate money.  I will do the best I can.  Thankfully so many friends and colleagues offered us their supports.  Hope anyone reads this also can show supports - it doesn't have to be monetary supports, just to spread the words to stimulate awareness is also a great help.  Thank you very much!

1 comment:

  1. こんにちは。
    東北と関東の状況がとても心配です。原発の事故もあって東日本の電気が底をつく可能性もありテレビなどで節電の協力を言われています。
    阪神大震災よりも大惨事だと思います。津波の被害を見ていると言葉になりません。

    ReplyDelete